Picture the scenario.
Your alarm goes off, you hit snooze. The alarm goes off again and, of course, you keep hitting that button. By the time you’ve actually made it out of bed, you’re lucky you have time to get dressed. Needless to say, breakfast becomes non-existent in the mornings.
Have you ever noticed how lethargic you feel on the days you’ve skipped breakfast? Don’t you feel like it takes you longer to process things or complete tasks? This is because while you sleep, your body uses glucose to fuel it. In the morning, you need to replenish those resources.
Breakfast is needed to replenish glucose. If this glucose isn’t replenished, then your brain doesn’t function optimally and you aren’t at your 100 per cent. It’s touted as the most important meal of the day because it provides you with the energy and nutrients required to have a productive day.
Here are 3 reasons not to skip another breakfast:
- When you skip breakfast you reduce the chance of consuming the required amount of vitamins and nutrients needed for the day.
- You usually get hungry long before lunch, which sometimes has you making unhealthy choices due to the convenience.
- Breakfast helps you maintain a healthy body and metabolism.
Want to make it easy and fast?
Try these 3 quick healthy dishes that can be made in less than 5 minutes:
- Oatmeal with berries and walnuts.
- Muesli with Greek yoghurt and dried apricots.
- Banana-spinach smoothie (with almond milk).
Spring is around the corner. Make a conscious effort of breaking the fast in the mornings and have something healthy (and delicious) to eat!