Collection of information
FAJO Magazine Inc’s website sometimes collects information about its visitors:
- contact information including email address
- personal information (such as name and e-mail address), which readers/users can voluntarily submit to FAJO Magazine Inc.
- demographic information such as postal code / zip code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- and Aggregate information (such as information about how many visitors log on to our site, the pages they access, etc).
We require this information to understand your needs, provide you with a better service, and our advertising provider:
- May use the information to improve their products and services.
- May periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which they think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, they may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. They may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. They may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Please note that information posted by individuals in comment boxes under each article is public and visible to anyone visiting those pages. The comments are screened by our Moderators for their content in terms of their decency and relevance. Any irrelevant or offensive comments will not be approved. FAJO Magazine Inc. reserves the full right to remove any such comments from its website at any time.
Sharing your information
FAJO Magazine Inc. may disclose aggregate information to third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies help FAJO Magazine Inc. improve the reader experience. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes, by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. FAJO Magazine Inc. and its affiliates may use such “cookie” technology to obtain non-personal information from its online visitors.
Our advertising provider uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps them analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. They only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our advertising provider, Gourmet Ads, has a primary ad server: Appnexus. For information about opting out of Gourmet Ads and ad-serving partners, please visit http://www.gourmetads.com/about/privacy-policy.
You can also opt out of cookies using the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page at this page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Finally, you can choose to disable or selectively turn off cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, should you choose so.
Changes to this policy