Seven talented designers are now finalists for the 25th National Association for the Development of the Fashion Arts (ANDAM) Fashion Award Paris.
The prize? A designer’s dream! The winner will receive €250,000, a François-Henri Pinault mentorship, a collaboration with luxury online boutique thecorner.com, a Hudson’s Bay Company pledge to buy the winner’s spring/summer 2015 collection and €10,000 worth of Swarovski crystals.
The finalists are:
- Etudes Studio, created in 2012 by Aurélien Arbet and Jérémie Egry
- Canadian-born ready-to-wear and haute couture designer Rad Hourani
- Jean-Paul Lespagnard, who launched his capsule collection in 2011 during Paris Fashion Week
- former celebrity dresser Fausto Puglisi
- University of British Columbia graduate Steven Tai
- Iris Van Herpen, who started in fashion working for Alexander McQueen in London
- 2011 ANDAM First Collection Prize winner, Yiqing Yin
Nathalie Dufour, director of ANDAM, says about the finalists, “Thanks to the ANDAM Fashion Award, one of them is bound to become a French company. This brand will become an official actor on the prestigious Paris fashion scene.”
A panel of 25 judges will choose the winner on July 3.
Feature image credit: Shutterstock.