10 tips for enjoying summer in style … when you have kids!
It’s summer! The weather is perfect and you want to make the most of it.
This month, Sitter.com is offering our readers 10 fun tips on how to enjoy various activities with their entire family, keeping the kids entertained too!
- Host a movie night in the backyard by hanging a white sheet on a clothesline. Rent a projector, pop some corn and lay out blankets for the kids on the lawn.
- Take a drive outside the city and look for constellations together. Use Google as a guide.
- Host a BBQ! Let your kids contribute to making a salad by prepping ingredients first and separating them into different bowls.
- Build a campfire and don’t forget the s’mores!
- Be a tourist in your own city: try new food, listen to live music and experience the festivals.
- Visit a farm and pick seasonal fruit together.
- Go to a beach – build sandcastles and let the kids get really messy.
- Bake cookies for ice cream sandwiches and set up an ice cream bar outside, with bowls of sprinkles, fruits, etc.
- A picnic for breakfast is a fun way to shake things up.
- What about doing an activity with just your partner? Some “me” or “we” time makes all of us better parents! Plan ahead and find a suitable and reliable caregiver.
Sitter.com has one of North America’s largest databases of qualified sitters. Be sure to interview each potential sitter and check their references. Pick someone with a special skill who may offer a learning opportunity for you kids (e.g. a different language).