This dish, which is the third piece in our Fashionable & healthy series will help you exercise your creative side!
Broiled vegetable bouquets with tangy soymilk sauce
The artful arrangement make this “veggies and dip” dish look a lot more complicated than it is, but there’s no reason your dinner guests need to know that. The time saved by cooking everything together under your broiler will give you more time to fuss over how you’ll decorate the plates with sauce.
– 1 head broccoli, cut into half-inch slices
– 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into half-inch slices
– 15 sprigs asparagus
– 1 zucchini, halved and cut into thin, narrow slices
– 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin, narrow slices
– 1/4 head red cabbage, cut into one-inch slices
– Chives or green onion stalks for tying
– 2 teaspoons salt
– 2 teaspoons pepper
– 1 teaspoon thyme
– 1 teaspoon rosemary
– Olive oil
Tangy soymilk sauce
– 1/3 cup Silk® Organic Unsweetened Soymilk
– 2 teaspoons lime juice
– 1 teaspoon soy sauce
– 1.5 teaspoons gelatine
Large roasting pan
Automatic milk frother
– Set oven to broil.
– Boil water in a kettle.
– In a bowl, stir together Silk® Organic Unsweetened Soymilk, gelatine, lime juice, soy sauce and 1/3 cup of boiling water until bubbles form. Pour into a squeeze bottle and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
– Drizzle oil into a large roasting pan, then stir in salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary.
– Add broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, pepper and zucchini. Toss in oil.
– Place roasting pan on the middle rack of the oven and broil for approximately 18 minutes, tossing every six minutes.
– Remove the squeeze bottle from the refrigerator, unscrew the cap and froth for about a minute.
– Remove the vegetables from the oven and let cool.
– To serve, place a chive or green onion stalk horizontally on a plate. Arrange an assortment of vegetables vertically in a bunch, then tie the chive or green onion stalk around the bunch. You can carefully flip the bunch to hide the knot if desired.
– Squeeze sauce onto the plate in blobs beside the bunch, in a wave pattern overtop or along it, or however you like.
Silk soy, almond and coconut beverages are a great choice for your healthy lifestyle. With important nutrients like calcium and vitamin D, plus a silky-smooth taste you’ll crave, they’re perfect in smoothies, over cereal and straight up in a glass. Intrigued? Get to know Silk at DrinkSilk.ca
Disclosure: This post was brought to you by Silk via Glam Media Canada. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Silk.