It’s a dream come true if you live in a condo. Picture this: it’s summer, it’s hot and your A/C is just not doing the trick — it’s either too hot, too cold, or too humid. We’ve all been there, and can relate. That’s why Dyson’s Pure Cool™ purifying fan is so handy, especially if you go for its desk-size format!
This machine will not only cool the air, but also purify it. You can transport it easily from your apartment to your cottage or even the office (if you prefer a larger machine, you can choose between a tower format for floor placement and a smaller desk format for desks, worktops and floors). Dyson Pure Cool™ uses intelligent sensors to automatically sense pollutants and allergens, captures particulates and gases with its Glass HEPA filter and activated carbon filter, and projects clean air throughout the room.
Leave it to Dyson to come up with ultra-modern technology that can take care of business without any effort from you. Pure Cool™ senses particles and gases in real time, displaying the indoor air quality on a new LCD screen. It captures 99.97% of particle pollutants as small as 0.3 microns in a Glass HEPA filter, including allergens, bacteria, pollen and mould, and VOCs such as Formaldehyde and Benzene.
It’s perfect if you live in a big city, but also great if you happen to be at the cottage, with all of its allergy-causing trees and nature.
Here are just some of the pollution sources that the machine will target:
- Outdoor air pollution.
- Wood burning fireplaces and stoves that emit particulate matter during combustion.
- Pet hair and disintegrated feces.
- Scented candles that can release benzene and formaldehyde into the air as they burn.
- Furniture foam that can also release formaldehyde gas.
- Indoor paints that can use volatile organic compounds, which can be released as gaseous chemicals when they dry and, potentially, throughout their life.
- Air fresheners that may contain volatile organic compounds and benzene, which can be released with the fragrance when sprayed.
- Gas stoves and cooking that can emit fumes, odors and particles into the air.
- Household cleaning products that may contain benzene.
- Carpets, rugs and flooring that may also emit formaldehyde when new and, potentially, throughout their life.
The machine projects purified air across the entire room using Air Multiplier™ technology and a new 350⁰ degree oscillation. It mixes and circulates the air, to reach every corner of the space. Fan mode and backward airflow mode deliver year-round usage. To avoid a cooling effect in winter, the Dyson Pure Cool™ purifying fan features a unique new backward airflow mode. Along with the forward airflow mode, which personally cools you as a fan with purified air, there is now a backward airflow or purification-only mode, which can be used when you want to purify the air but don’t want cool air blowing on you. Inside the annular loop, a valve mechanism is driven by a brushless stepper motor, to allow switching between backward airflow mode and fan mode.
And, of course, you can always use the popular Dyson Link app on your phone, in order to control and monitor your air quality. Available for iOS and Android, the app enables you to track indoor and outdoor pollution, temperature and humidity levels. You can also use it to control your machine and see how many hours of filter life you have left.
This machine is a great investment and an excellent gift all year round.
Available in iron/blue and white/silver colours.
The Dyson Pure Cool™ Tower fan is retailing at $649.99 and Desk fan at $549.99.
Includes a two-year parts and labour warranty.