Fall is a wonderful time: not only does nature dress everything up in colour but fashion designers beautify international runways with their latest collections.
Right after New York, London, Milan and Paris, Fashion Week arrived in Moscow.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Russia kicked off a new season with some hot trends for spring/summer 2017. More than 60 designers from Russia, Georgia, Ukraine and other countries presented their brand’s new, stylish and sometimes even extravagant designs, satisfying vogue cravings and surpassing expectations of all fashionistas at Manege Exhibition Hall in Moscow.
The new principle “see now – buy now” gained more popularity in Russia, and more designers, such as Slava Zaitsev, Saint Tokyo, Goga Nikabadze and DIMANEU created their collections based on it.
Here is the list of what the absolute wardrobe must-haves for spring and summer 2017:
1. Puffy sleeves. Delicate, seductive or flirtatious — puffy sleeves is one of the key trends for the upcoming spring season. This spring, designers chose puffy sleeves on blouses, cardigans, dresses and jackets, adding flirty sophistication to common attire.
2. Corsets. Gentle romantic, discreet sexy, sensual luxury… With the help of a corset, you can create a variety of looks — it all depends on your desire and mood. Invariably, there is only one thing to bear in mind: the corset is feminine and impressive.
3. Trench coats. Feminine form-fitting silhouettes, decorated with embroidery, art and unique prints will make your look complete and stylish.
4. Cutouts. The cutouts epidemic has been all over international runways this year. They can be found not only on dresses and tops, but also knitted sweaters and jackets.
5. Deconstructed pieces. Raw edges, unusually sewn seams, burnt out finishes, “messy” looks — think rebellious style against laws of old fashion and perfect tailoring.
6. Back to the ‘80s purses. Bright decor or hippie fringe on a small purse decorated with buckles, rings and pendants can suit any picky accessories lover.
7. Shine and sparkle. Summer’s sparkling trend continues with dresses, tops and jackets, decorated with sequins or made from shiny fabric. Most popular on the runway were metallic and gold looks.
8. Boudoir dresses. Stressing the fragility of women and aristocracy, boudoir dress of delicate silk or satin, trimmed with lace, can be supplemented with elegant stilettos and a stylish clutch with no frills. It can also be combined with a cardigan or a short sweater, black tights and ankle boots.
9. Striped and patterned combinations. Horizontal, vertical or both — this is always a good idea for a day or night look.
10. Leather. Coloured leather or black leather of varying textures, with various patterns or cutouts — this is something you will definitely need to have in your wardrobe next spring.
Key looks from the shows